Partial Scholarship for joint Bachelor of Technology programmes
Kumasi Technical University in collaboration with Weifang Vocational College and Rizhao Polytechnic, China is inviting applications from prospective students and the general public who want to enroll in 4-year degree Programmes in Mechanical Engineering and Building Technology. The programme is under the Ministries of Education of China and Ghana. The main purpose of this joint programme is to help African youth master vocational skills that will meet the industrial standards of China and African countries. Prospective applicants who are selected under this programme will have all their academic expenses covered by the Chinese Government during their studies in China. The programme would be run on 1+2+1 mode with students spending their first year of study in Ghana, second and third year in China and final year in Ghana. Students who go through the programme would be awarded certificates as follows:
• Students in their second year would do their internship in China and would be awarded ‘Enterprise Certificate’ that shows their professional experience for working with Chinese Companies.
• In the third year, students would take professional courses and would be awarded ‘Diploma’ by Weifang Vocational College or Rizhao Polytechnic, China. Students would also be awarded ‘Certificate of Chinese’ after completing the third year.
• In the fourth year, students are expected to come back to Ghana to complete their thesis. Those who are able to complete and defend their thesis would be awarded a Bachelor of Technology either in Mechanical Engineering or Building Technology by KsTU.
• Interested students must complete two application forms for enrolment. One application form from KsTU and another application form from Weifang Vocational College or Rizhao Polytechnic depending on your choice of programme. For KsTU application, apply directly online from https://apply.kstu.edu.gh and upload a passport size picture, photocopies of relevant documents and certificates by using an application code which can be obtained via short code *389*8610# on all networks, all Regional Post Offices, all Zenith Bank, Access Bank and CBG Bank branches. Applicants should select either BTech Mechanical Engineering or BTech Building Technology when applying online on KsTU website.
• Weifang Vocational College or Rizhao Polytechnic application forms can be obtained from https://iail.kstu.edu.gh/partial-scholarship-joint-bachelor-technology-p...
Requirements for Four (4) year Degree Programme in Building Technology
a. WASSCE /SSSCE/GBCE Candidates Credit Passes (A1-C6 /A-D) in three (3) core subjects including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credit passes in three (3) of the following subjects: Elective Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Building Construction, Technical Drawing, Wood Work, Geography.
b. GCE ‘O’ Level Candidates Five (5) credits including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) elective subjects.
c. Holders of CTC II Final (old scheme) or CTC III Final (new scheme) with at least passes in all the four (4) major components.
d. Qualified applicants would be required to go through an interview before finally accepted into the programme.
Requirements for Four (4) year Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering
e. WASSCE /SSSCE/GBCE Candidates Credit Passes (A1-C6 /A-D) in three (3) core subjects including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credit passes in Elective Maths and any two (2) in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Metal Work, Auto Mechanics, Applied Electricity, Electronics.
f. GCE ‘O’ Level Candidates Five (5) credits including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) elective subjects.
g. Qualified applicants would be required to go through an interview before finally accepted into the programme.
Scholarship and benefits of the programme
Students admitted into the programme would be given two years scholarship during their studies in China and would also have the opportunity to receive full scholarship from the Chinese Government to pursue Masters’ Degree programme after their studies. In addition to this, completed students would have the chance to be employed by Chinese Companies in Ghana with their Enterprise Certificate.
General admission enquires
International office +233(0)200991023
Deadline for application 24th September, 2021